Not long ago on this blog we recommended a little $10 million company called Green Energy Resources. It was a case of holding my nose and making the recommendation, frankly, because micro-cap stocks are simply a crap shoot, to be honest.
Now we have seen that this company is churning a profit, and has an actual business. But more interestingly, it's found a biomass energy niche that could pay big dividends down the road... if you're bold (or insane) enough to invest now.
The company procures and processes wood chips. Their kiln-drying procedure does something interesting, though: it gives the wood almost the same measure of energy output on a kilo-per-kilo basis as coal.
It also burns much cleaner than coal, and provides the world with a way to recycle the megatons of wood we throw away every year...
Right now the company is trading in a narrow band between 17 and 20 cents a share. If it breaks above 20, it'll probably be worth looking at taking profits on this position quickly. This is a speculation, and you never want to get TOO greedy with a speculation.
Indeed, green investors are no less bloody-minded about making money than their last-generation counterparts. We're forward thinking, not naive, right?
For more on what GRGR is up to these days, check out this article:
Friday, September 28, 2007
- Green Investments Crashes Technorati Party!
- Investing in Jatropha Stocks... Or Not
- Wood Biomass: The Next Greentech Energy Play?
- A Few Hundred More Green Investments
- Green Investments and "Economic Salvation"
- Why Starbucks Will Soar
- LDK Solar Handing Us 201% Gains!
- A Great List of Green Investments
- LDK Jumps Another 7.7% for Us!
- Of Green Investing... And Wall Street Analysts Bei...
- Move LDK TS to $52.78
- Sell NMR for 25.97% Loss
- Evergreen Portfolio: Up 202%
- China Green Energy Play LDK up 164%
- NMR... Bouncing Off Support?
- Firing My Clairvoyant
- NMR Near TS
- Green Investments Exclusive!!! BB to Reduce Rates ...
- One More Case for SRI
- An Anti-Emotional Case for Green Investing
- LDK up 144%... GRGR Jumps 11.1%
- GRGR's Joe Murray: A CEO with Soul?
- Move LDK Trailing Stop UP to $49.36
- Adding Green Energy Resources to the Portfolio
- ▼ September (24)