LDK Solar's run resumed today with a nice 7.7% surge. Again, I'm not sure why an analyst would actually fault the company for taking the initiative with its silicon production plant, even if competitors were likely to follow suit (personally I think the plant was priced into the stock long ago anyway). Sometimes, I just don't understand the Wall Street experts.
At this point we're still beating the S&P 500 by a very good margin. Our Green Investments portfolio is up 225.4%, including losers. That's more than 10 times the S&P 500 over the past year, meaning we're managing to beat our benchmark in serious fashion.
You CAN invest in sustainable companies AND beat Wall Street! The evidence becomes more clear by the day. But can we do it long-term? We shall see.
Our Next Pick: Jatropha?
Our next pick, again, will likely be a play on jatropha, if I can find a good one. There's a British company, DI Oils, that produces this bio-fuel commodity already and just formed a deal with British Petroleum to grow and refine jatropha oil from African fields. But it's listed on the London Exchange.
More to come.
- Green Investments Crashes Technorati Party!
- Investing in Jatropha Stocks... Or Not
- Wood Biomass: The Next Greentech Energy Play?
- A Few Hundred More Green Investments
- Green Investments and "Economic Salvation"
- Why Starbucks Will Soar
- LDK Solar Handing Us 201% Gains!
- A Great List of Green Investments
- LDK Jumps Another 7.7% for Us!
- Of Green Investing... And Wall Street Analysts Bei...
- Move LDK TS to $52.78
- Sell NMR for 25.97% Loss
- Evergreen Portfolio: Up 202%
- China Green Energy Play LDK up 164%
- NMR... Bouncing Off Support?
- Firing My Clairvoyant
- NMR Near TS
- Green Investments Exclusive!!! BB to Reduce Rates ...
- One More Case for SRI
- An Anti-Emotional Case for Green Investing
- LDK up 144%... GRGR Jumps 11.1%
- GRGR's Joe Murray: A CEO with Soul?
- Move LDK Trailing Stop UP to $49.36
- Adding Green Energy Resources to the Portfolio
- ▼ September (24)