Stocks are off to a fast start today, and LDK Solar has climbed its traditional 3% so far this session. Since we recommended this Chinese solar play some weeks ago, it has skyrocketed off its post-IPO low and gained 144%.
Even if the stock sells off a bit in the coming weeks, this is still a good long-term play I believe. The company just broke ground on a silica-producing plant adjacent to its wafer manufacturing plant on the mainland. And that should keep raw-materials prices low going forward, while competitors scramble to find cheap silica - which is growing increasingly difficult to do.
Let's keep our trailing stop on this position right where it is... Doing so will give us a little more wiggle room should profit-taking knock the stock down before the next leg of a long runup.
* * * *
Also today, our GRGR play has rebounded back to our entry price, rising 11.1% in this morning's trading. I really like this company and believe it has long-term potential. But wouldn't put more than 1% of my portfolio into this decidedly micro-cap, and highly speculative, resources play.
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
- Green Investments Crashes Technorati Party!
- Investing in Jatropha Stocks... Or Not
- Wood Biomass: The Next Greentech Energy Play?
- A Few Hundred More Green Investments
- Green Investments and "Economic Salvation"
- Why Starbucks Will Soar
- LDK Solar Handing Us 201% Gains!
- A Great List of Green Investments
- LDK Jumps Another 7.7% for Us!
- Of Green Investing... And Wall Street Analysts Bei...
- Move LDK TS to $52.78
- Sell NMR for 25.97% Loss
- Evergreen Portfolio: Up 202%
- China Green Energy Play LDK up 164%
- NMR... Bouncing Off Support?
- Firing My Clairvoyant
- NMR Near TS
- Green Investments Exclusive!!! BB to Reduce Rates ...
- One More Case for SRI
- An Anti-Emotional Case for Green Investing
- LDK up 144%... GRGR Jumps 11.1%
- GRGR's Joe Murray: A CEO with Soul?
- Move LDK Trailing Stop UP to $49.36
- Adding Green Energy Resources to the Portfolio
- ▼ September (24)