Well, this is an exhilerating day. Not because the markets are doing anything special, but because we have the opportunity of locking in our first triple-digit stock winner in our Evergreen Portfolio.
Of course I'm talking about LDK Solar.
Right now the stock is trading down about 3% on the day at $53. In order to ensure that we walk away from this position with at least a 101% gain, we're going to move our trailing stop on LDK Solar up to $49.36. That means we'll sell the position automatically if it closes below $49.36 at any time going forward.
Meanwhile, our newest position -- the microcap GRGR -- is down 15%. But guess what. That's nothing for a microcap to move over the course of a few trading sessions. This is a rare beast: a microcap I consider more of a long-term investment than a trade.
At any rate, congratulations to us! We've locked in our first triple-digit winner in LDK, no matter what the market brings us from here.
But to be honest, I think this Chinese solar company -- armed with a bevy of recent high-dollar contracts and plenty of momentum -- has a ways to go yet.
Thursday, September 6, 2007
- Green Investments Crashes Technorati Party!
- Investing in Jatropha Stocks... Or Not
- Wood Biomass: The Next Greentech Energy Play?
- A Few Hundred More Green Investments
- Green Investments and "Economic Salvation"
- Why Starbucks Will Soar
- LDK Solar Handing Us 201% Gains!
- A Great List of Green Investments
- LDK Jumps Another 7.7% for Us!
- Of Green Investing... And Wall Street Analysts Bei...
- Move LDK TS to $52.78
- Sell NMR for 25.97% Loss
- Evergreen Portfolio: Up 202%
- China Green Energy Play LDK up 164%
- NMR... Bouncing Off Support?
- Firing My Clairvoyant
- NMR Near TS
- Green Investments Exclusive!!! BB to Reduce Rates ...
- One More Case for SRI
- An Anti-Emotional Case for Green Investing
- LDK up 144%... GRGR Jumps 11.1%
- GRGR's Joe Murray: A CEO with Soul?
- Move LDK Trailing Stop UP to $49.36
- Adding Green Energy Resources to the Portfolio
- ▼ September (24)