So far this year, the Vice Fund ETF (VICEX), made up of companies trafficking in booze, guns and other bad stuff, is up 6.68%. That's handily beating the S&P 500, up just under 3% for the year.
However, our Evergreen Portfolio is up more than 140% overall, and more than 24% on a share-weighted basis... including the losers.
My point is not to prove that sin stocks are bad. They can obviously be good investments.
My point is, you can beat them handily with well-chosen SRI and green investments every time.
If you have the choice, and you do, which would you rather be doing?
- Green Investments Crashes Technorati Party!
- Investing in Jatropha Stocks... Or Not
- Wood Biomass: The Next Greentech Energy Play?
- A Few Hundred More Green Investments
- Green Investments and "Economic Salvation"
- Why Starbucks Will Soar
- LDK Solar Handing Us 201% Gains!
- A Great List of Green Investments
- LDK Jumps Another 7.7% for Us!
- Of Green Investing... And Wall Street Analysts Bei...
- Move LDK TS to $52.78
- Sell NMR for 25.97% Loss
- Evergreen Portfolio: Up 202%
- China Green Energy Play LDK up 164%
- NMR... Bouncing Off Support?
- Firing My Clairvoyant
- NMR Near TS
- Green Investments Exclusive!!! BB to Reduce Rates ...
- One More Case for SRI
- An Anti-Emotional Case for Green Investing
- LDK up 144%... GRGR Jumps 11.1%
- GRGR's Joe Murray: A CEO with Soul?
- Move LDK Trailing Stop UP to $49.36
- Adding Green Energy Resources to the Portfolio
- ▼ September (24)