Okay, so CIBC analyst Adam Hinckley says his firm is downgrading LDK to "sector perform" because its rapid deployment of a polysilicon plant next to its solar-water plant indicates that producing polysilicon is so easy, anyone can do it. Hmm. I guess they should have taken longer to get the plant up and running.
To be fair, we should pay attention to this analyst's take, because CIBC was in fact the first Wall Street firm to initiate coverage on LDK back in July. While we don't buy and sell based on analyst rankings, they're interesting fodder.
Meanwhile, Piper Jaffray, UBS and Needham have all initiated their own coverege this month, and all of them rate LDK as a "buy" and a "sector outperform." So this could be a case of Hinckley being right... but being WAY early, as in about six months to a year early.
LDK's doing a lot of business on the silicon front already, which can only be a bullish sign. The other thing is, putting up a silicon plant is no easier or harder to do today than it was six months ago, so the timing of CIBC's downgrade is interesting to say the least.
Only time will tell. Till then, mind your stops.
Monday, September 24, 2007
- Green Investments Crashes Technorati Party!
- Investing in Jatropha Stocks... Or Not
- Wood Biomass: The Next Greentech Energy Play?
- A Few Hundred More Green Investments
- Green Investments and "Economic Salvation"
- Why Starbucks Will Soar
- LDK Solar Handing Us 201% Gains!
- A Great List of Green Investments
- LDK Jumps Another 7.7% for Us!
- Of Green Investing... And Wall Street Analysts Bei...
- Move LDK TS to $52.78
- Sell NMR for 25.97% Loss
- Evergreen Portfolio: Up 202%
- China Green Energy Play LDK up 164%
- NMR... Bouncing Off Support?
- Firing My Clairvoyant
- NMR Near TS
- Green Investments Exclusive!!! BB to Reduce Rates ...
- One More Case for SRI
- An Anti-Emotional Case for Green Investing
- LDK up 144%... GRGR Jumps 11.1%
- GRGR's Joe Murray: A CEO with Soul?
- Move LDK Trailing Stop UP to $49.36
- Adding Green Energy Resources to the Portfolio
- ▼ September (24)