This is a milestone for our Green Investments blog. Our top solar energy play, LDK Solar, crossed the 201% return mark for us with the closing of today's session.
Let's take a quick look at how the stock has done versus the Oil and Gas Index since recommended in this space back in June:
What's the big idea here? Oil has been on a TEAR this year, crashing through the $80 level just days ago. Yet our solar play is destroying the oil and gas markets as a whole, and I daresay even the highest flying oil and gas stocks out there.
I know we're crowing a bit here, but this is reason to celebrate.
I admit, however, that a good deal of this is luck... That's the truth of the markets in the short term especially. But long term I think green energy plays like LDK Solar will continue, by and large, to outstrip their conventional rivals in the big profit game.
Good Green Investing,
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
- Green Investments Crashes Technorati Party!
- Investing in Jatropha Stocks... Or Not
- Wood Biomass: The Next Greentech Energy Play?
- A Few Hundred More Green Investments
- Green Investments and "Economic Salvation"
- Why Starbucks Will Soar
- LDK Solar Handing Us 201% Gains!
- A Great List of Green Investments
- LDK Jumps Another 7.7% for Us!
- Of Green Investing... And Wall Street Analysts Bei...
- Move LDK TS to $52.78
- Sell NMR for 25.97% Loss
- Evergreen Portfolio: Up 202%
- China Green Energy Play LDK up 164%
- NMR... Bouncing Off Support?
- Firing My Clairvoyant
- NMR Near TS
- Green Investments Exclusive!!! BB to Reduce Rates ...
- One More Case for SRI
- An Anti-Emotional Case for Green Investing
- LDK up 144%... GRGR Jumps 11.1%
- GRGR's Joe Murray: A CEO with Soul?
- Move LDK Trailing Stop UP to $49.36
- Adding Green Energy Resources to the Portfolio
- ▼ September (24)