I was worried this might happen. As noted in this space 2 days ago, Fridays are not typically bullish days for the stock markets.
People want to cash out before the weekend, to pay for rentals in the Hamptons... and divorces... and who knows what else.
But we recommended WMI yesterday in spite of the forebodings...
And amazingly, even as the broad markets sink like a rock (dropping almost 1% before 10 a.m.), our WMI position is rallying mildly!
Six Steps to Weatherproof the Evergreen Portfolio
Well, we'll just have to see where this all goes. But the more I see of this volatility, the more I want to turn defensive with this portfolio.
My take would be: batten down the hatches, which would include:
- Less U.S. equity exposure
- Selling off bank stocks
- No more micro-caps
- More income and dividend plays
- More large-cap foreign stocks, especially the BRICs - Brazil, Russia, India, China
- More commodities
But certainly not retreating from the stock markets altogether. Till then, let's stay the course and see what happens next week.
More to come,
Friday, October 19, 2007
- Become a Brazilian Ethanol Venture Capitalist for ...
- The Big Oil Swoon Cometh? Whaddya Think?
- Green Energy Resources Rallys 12.5%... And Keeps t...
- WMI Hit Hard After Earnings Announcement
- Update On Our Oil Prediction
- A Note About Over the Counter Stocks and Green Inv...
- Our Green Investments Portfolio: Up 266%... Includ...
- Green Energy Resources Scores $5.5 Million Contrac...
- Beating the S&P 500 by 2,000%... with ONLY Green I...
- Our Green Energy Resources Position Jumps 18.75%
- Tom Brady IPO... The Coming Stock Rally... Oil Loo...
- Markets Meltdown... WMI Rallies... Plus 6 Steps to...
- Add Waste Management (WMI) to the Evergreen Portfo...
- Our New Pick Is Coming Soon
- Our Green Energy Resources Play Jumps 11%!
- Our D1 Oils (Jatropha) Play Jumps 21%
- Yingli Green Energy: The Hottest Green Energy Stoc...
- Ugly Markets... Gay Budgies... And Green Investmen...
- This Thursday, Oct. 18, I Reveal... "The Dirtiest ...
- Please Give Me Your Ideas for Our New Global Green...
- Our Bunge Play Is Up 46.23%... Lock In Profits Usi...
- D1 Oils: The Only Pure Jatropha Stock in the World...
- Sell BG Options and Lock in 10% Gains in 8 Hours!
- Bunge Trips... As Expected
- New Recommendation: Bunge April 2008 Call Options
- LDK Solar Bounds 19%... Glad We Sold It!
- Correction: Professional Money Managers Are Even W...
- Random Walk Down Green Investment Street
- The Best of 4 Cleantech Indexes
- Green Investments and the "Tipping Point" of the M...
- Why We Use Trailing Stops
- Add D1 Oils to Our Portfolio at $4.15
- LDK Stops Out at $53.28... Hands Us 95.88% Gain
- Why Big Retailers Are Going Green
- New Recommendation: PZD
- Green Investment Highlight: Kookmin Bank
- ▼ October (36)