Unfortunately, there was nowhere to hide today from the battering applied to the stock markets. Except for D1 Oils (DOOIF.PK), which has gained more than 10% in the past 2 days.
As oil climbs higher, jatropha is looking like a more sensible fuel-oil alternative. And D1 Oils is the only pure jatropha play on earth right now. This could be the beginning of a nice runup in the pink sheet shares, the only D1 shares trading here in the U.S.
Meanwhile, Bunge plunged 10% today. In one day. That is a truly eye-popping sell-off for one of the world's major food and seed producers. And it probably speaks more to the general sense that the company has run up lately (profit taking, in other words) than to anything fundamental about the company or global food shortages.
Let's stay calm, mind our trailing stops here and stick to our discipline. The market will do what it must... And we'll respond when and if needed.
We've cut losers from this portfolio before. And it always hurts. But I've got the scissors in hand just in case.
Thursday, November 1, 2007
- Add Rio Tinto to the Green Investments Portfolio
- Green Energy Soars 30.7% in One Session
- India Cleantech... A HUGE Opportunity for Investor...
- Our Crude Oil Correction Call Cometh
- Green Investments Weekend Edition... GRGR's 5% pop...
- Starbucks... Ready for a Triple?
- Green Investments Cleantech Pick On the Way
- Green Investments Says: Flee Subprime... This Ain'...
- Volatile Is Not the Word... Use Trailing Stop on K...
- ALERT: Sell Kookmin Bank for 2.81% Gain
- Plunging Markets Fall on Our Green Investments... ...
- ▼ November (11)