Today we're adding one of the world's largest resources company to our Green Investments portfolio. It's also a member of the Dow Jones Sustainability Index of companies. You'll find the full list of DJSI stocks at the bottom of Green Investments (just scroll down).
I'm talking about Rio Tinto (NYSE: RTP).
Not only is this company in the perfect position to take advantage of the global boom in commodities, it's well run, highly competitive and something of a hedge against a worldwide equity slowdown... simply because it deals in commodities and currencies.
And because it is a classic "flight to safety" stock in some ways, having a market cap exceeding $137 billion dollars.
But here's the kicker...
The "Surprise Bid" that Could Send Rio Soaring
Right now, BHP Billiton - another global goliath of commodities and resources - is trying very aggressively to buy Rio Tinto. The terms of the deal are very reasonable, according to my sources.
And if this deal goes through, it would be one of the largest mergers in the history of the commodity business... and likely provide a nice pop in Rio Tinto shares.
Action: Buy Rio Tinto (NYSE: RTP) at $426.75 or better. We'll use a 25% trailing stop on this position.
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
- Add Rio Tinto to the Green Investments Portfolio
- Green Energy Soars 30.7% in One Session
- India Cleantech... A HUGE Opportunity for Investor...
- Our Crude Oil Correction Call Cometh
- Green Investments Weekend Edition... GRGR's 5% pop...
- Starbucks... Ready for a Triple?
- Green Investments Cleantech Pick On the Way
- Green Investments Says: Flee Subprime... This Ain'...
- Volatile Is Not the Word... Use Trailing Stop on K...
- ALERT: Sell Kookmin Bank for 2.81% Gain
- Plunging Markets Fall on Our Green Investments... ...
- ▼ November (11)