Yes, it's that time again... I've been randomly scouring the blogosphere looking for good SRI resources and, lo, I've come across a few.
You can check them out for yourself. I don't like to dump a lot of links into this blog. We like to keep it clean and close to the bone, and focused on our portfolio... and beating the S&P 500. But sometimes, it's good to take a look at our socially responsible brethren out there, just to keep abreast of what's happening in the wider world of green.
Take a look...
1) The Dow Jones Sustainability Index... This is a great website for looking at some of the world's most powerful companies that, according to the DJ analysts, are ascribing to some form of socially responsible business plan. Some surprises include McDonald's and Alcoa! You can sort the list by country and sector. And we recently found our latest pick, Nomura, from research that began on this website. http://www.sustainability-index.com/
2) Money and Values... This is one I just randomly came across, and found a terrific two-part article on SRI. But there's more to this site than just investing. It covers personal money ethics, retirement strategies, and even eating habits. A terrific blog to be sure. http://moneyandvalues.blogspot.com/ ... Click here to read the latest post on the "extra person" charge you sometimes endure at hotels... http://moneyandvalues.blogspot.com/
3) Social Funds: This is a really fun site to poke around on, and is a bit more down our alley, because it focuses primarily on specific investment opportunities. I'm not convinced that outright mixing politics and investing is a good idea, but this site certainly provides lots of food for thought. http://www.socialfunds.com/
Enjoy and let me know if these are helpful to you!
- Sell CECO - Lock In 27%
- Move CECO TS to $14
- Sell Remaining Bunge options
- BG... In the Money
- Portfolio Update, Post-Fed
- Solucorp Update... The Spamalot Files
- Cell CTEX at $0.0035
- Sell CTEX Today... But Hold for Now
- The Hot, Tedious Summer Ahead
- Sell half remaining BG calls
- Smile... You Just Saved 6%
- Lock in 14% on BG Options... In Just 24 Hours
- Buy the Bunge April Calls at $2.35
- CTEX Bouncing Back
- Some SRI Resources
- Bunge Update
- Add Nomura to the Portfolio
- SLUP Defies the Markets... Rises 2.3% Today
- ▼ March (18)